April 9, 2010

The Cheesiest

I'm aware that Kraft Macaroni & Cheese has already claimed the title of "The Cheesiest," but I think the cheesiness of this post takes the cake.

Anyone interested in reading this blog already knows that I enjoy shouting to the world how much I love Mike. But, today you're getting it again ...

For the past 11 and 1/2 years I have been lucky enough to be spoiled by the love of the most awesome man. A man who gives everything every day to me, and to our children. I don't have to ask him to do [most] things, he just does them. I have a man who sweats for his living (which is far sexier to me than someone who carries a briefcase and gets manicures, and who has to hire people to do the kinds of things that my man can do), and who still comes home and helps with the dishes, and wipes the kids’ noses and butts, and does laundry when I've had a lot of work and homework to do that day.

Mike has picked up my slack for the past almost four years that I've been in school, and he has never once whined about it. (Mike's definitely not a whiny person - I can count on one hand the times I've heard him complain about anything in the past 11 and 1/2 years.) He is just as much a feminist as I am - he empowers me with his words and his actions. He is so proud of me, and he always makes me feel like I can - and should - accomplish anything that I set my mind to.

There are countless song lyrics that come to mind when I think of Mike ... "Your Guardian Angel" (The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus), "8:16 AM" (311), "Endlessly" (Muse) to name only a very few ... but I think I'll share some of my own. I wrote a song for Mike for our 3rd anniversary, and it's amazing how much more true it has become over the years (as we now approach our 11th anniversary this summer). Some of the lyrics are: "[I'm] once again feeling small, but one look in your eyes and I can fly ... you're the rock that holds me high when everything else is falling down."

I love Mike. It's as simple as that. I am so lucky to have him. I cannot believe that he thinks he's the lucky one - he always turns it around and makes me feel like I'm the special one. I have to share cheesy things like this post because people need to know how great he is, because he'd never hint to it. He is so amazing, yet so humble and meek that many people don't ever get to see his awesomeness (for which there is no charge - thank you, "Kung Fu Panda").

This post is for Mike - to celebrate him. If you don't like it, fine - don't read it again (if you even read it in the first place). But, I hope that when he reads it, it makes him feel good. It's only a small thing I can do to show him how much he means to me.

Mike, I love you. Those words never lose meaning, no matter how many times I say them to you. In those words are embedded every happy feeling I've felt my whole life, and every happy feeling I'll have forever more - every touch and every kiss, every smile and every heartache we've shared together - everything that is us, you and me. I love you, Mike. I. Love. You. And I always will.

3 comments:

diana said...

Awwwwww! That wasn't cheesy. It was honest and sweet and beautiful. I'm so glad my awesome brother has an awesome wife who adores and appreciates him just as he deserves.

Thanks for being such a great wife and sister.... and example to the rest of us lucky wives.

Love ya. Thanks for the post.

Jcjohns said...

I love the cheesiness!! I am so glad you have a guy that treats you the way should be!!! Congrats!!!

Alicia said...

Yay for REAL Men named Mike!