March 15, 2008

It's Almost Spring - Yay!!

Mikey is getting smarter and smarter. Here are a couple cute things. He hit Travis (on purpose) with his Optimus Prime toy the other night, so it was taken away. I told him today that he could have it tonight if he is nice to everyone all day long. I asked him what he had to do to get it back and he said, "Be nice all day." Then not five minutes later he said, "Can I have Optimus Prime now? I am so nice. I very, very am." He he. Also, yesterday he was drawing on his MagnaDoodle and he said in the happiest voice, "Look, Mama! I drew you!" He held it up to show me, and there were two giant circles for my eyes and a line underneath them for my mouth. Then he drew a similar face and said it was Daddy. It was the first time he actually drew a picture of anything other than just scribbles; it’s so awesome that he chose to draw our faces! Oh, yes – and he’s getting really good at using the potty all the time. What a big boy! He can also roll his tongue.


Travis’ vocabulary is taking off like crazy. He’ll repeat just about any word you say, and he’s putting words together really well. Mike sat down to put some socks on last night because his feet were cold; Travis saw him, and so he brought Mike his shoes, “Daddy, oosh, oosh” (his word for shoes). Travis and Mikey will sit and share pretend ice cream and cookies. How cute is that? One of the things Travis got for his 2nd birthday last month was a tricycle - I can't wait for it to get warmer so we can go outside and the boys can ride their bikes!



Charlotte is growing up way too fast. She is starting to get interested in watching us eat, so we’ll start her on rice cereal in the next few weeks. I can’t believe she’s almost 5 months old already. She’s pretty quiet most of the time; she smiles a lot, but it’s pretty hard to get her to laugh, except for a quick little giggle here and there.


Mike and I are doing well. Mike really enjoys his job, and I am so thankful to be able to be home with the kids. I am still working here and there from home, but mostly I’m focusing on school right now (I’m double-majoring: Psychology and Sociology). Whenever the kids are napping, I am doing homework. It’s pretty pathetic – I don’t even keep in touch by e-mail anymore, so I’m sorry to all of you who never hear from me these days! – but, all the time spent studying will be worth it.



1 comment:

The Fife's said...

good to hear about your family, they are all so cute. We will have to come down and play one day when the weather is nicer.