June 23, 2008

Hellllloooooo Out There!

Yes, I'm a terrible blogger. Oh well. I barely have time to do the dishes these days ... let alone update the ol' blog.

Charlotte is 8 months old - she sits up on her own and is FINALLY starting to outgrow the phase where I have to hold her ALL THE TIME to stop her from screaming!! She is such a beautiful little girl - the camera just never captures her cuteness completely.

Mikey is such a good big brother - he really takes good care of Travis and Charlotte, and almost always makes sure they have what they need before he get something for himself. He is so smart - and organized. He likes to make "lists" (he tells me the activities he wants to do and the order he wants to do them in). Every single morning while he's going potty he tells me, "Hey, Mama - I have an idea! I can watch the Spider-Man cartoon while you make pancakes!!" Then he proceeds to flash me the cutest little grin. Mike just took Mikey on their first father-son campout trip last weekend. Mikey was so excited – as soon as they got to where the road turned into dirt, Mikey kept asking Mike, “are we camping yet?” Then he spent the whole night around the campfire asking if they could go to sleep in the tent – but, as soon as they went to bed, Mikey wanted to get back up and go exploring.

Travis gave us a scare last Friday morning. He and Mikey were wrestling in the living room while I was down the hall. Then I heard a really loud thud (I thought Travis hit his head on the piano because it was so loud), so I ran out to the living room. As I rounded the corner, Travis was standing there screaming and his face was covered in blood. Both Mikey and Travis pointed to the coffee table when I asked them where he had hit his head (his right eyebrow was split open about ½ an inch!!). I called Mike and he came home instantly (he made it home in 12 minutes). Our wonderful neighbors watched Mikey and Charlotte for us, and we took Travis to the ER at Primary Children's. He had to get 17 stitches (6 internal, 11 external). He was pretty funny while sedated (saying "moooo" and "E.T. phone home") - and he was a real champ through the whole ordeal. Three days out, his wound looks great and it doesn't seem to bother him at all. Thank goodness it was just along his eyebrow line - the Dr. did an amazing job, so you probably won't even be able to see anything once it's all healed.

The kids are getting so big so fast! Being a parent is so much harder than I ever thought it would be (I'm sure all you parents have experienced that feeling) - but it's wonderful and I am so thankful for my sweet kids.



3 comments:

diana said...

Mooo & ET phone home. . . . That's hilarious! I'd like to personally welcome Travis to the stitches-in-the-eyebrow club. So far it's just Luke Perry and me. But we're happy to have a third.

Mikey is so sweet. I can just see him making plans on the potty. And Charlotte is getting cuter and cuter!

We miss you guys. Can't wait to see you in October(?)!

The Fife's said...

what cute kids!! I can't believe how big they are getting. Glad things are going well.

Alicia said...

Hi! Thought I'd drop in and visit the Rose Family! The kids are growing so fast! I miss you all, maybe we can plan a park day?
Talked to S he is doing good, just got a new job, I mentioned your site to him again and he said he would go look.
I want to thank you for the everything when it comes to A and that whole thing...
A is getting married on Sept. 27th to my brother in San Diego! We are very excited! They will have a reception later when my bro can get time off from the Coast Guard. Right now A is living at and working for my Mom helping take care of my Grandma. She is doing an excellent job! That's the latest:)
Much love, Witts'