February 21, 2009

Holy crap ... a post!!

This is actually a Facebook thing, but I figured it could serve as a "free" post for the suffering blog ...

25 Random Things About Amy:

1. I have a bit of a rebellious streak. Hence, I don’t [yet] regret getting my nose pierced for my birthday last year.

2. I am not a very “girly” girl. I don’t like shoes, I don’t like clothes, I don’t like getting flowers or jewelry as gifts. (Although, I will admit that I do have girl moments … and I actually love “Pride & Prejudice.”)

3. I love the “Transporter” movies – I don’t care that they are ridiculous and unrealistic – Jason Statham is a hottie, and I can’t get enough of him driving those Beamers, baby!!

4. I absolutely LOVE hard rock monster ballads – bring on the Def Leppard “Love Bites!!”

5. If I could survive and be healthy doing it, I’d just eat candy all the time – not much chocolate, mostly the fruity stuff, and Hot Tamales, of course.

6. I’m a pretty liberal person – especially given the conservative (and wonderful!) religion I belong to.

7. I am constantly surprised by how mean people can be to each other. I always think that everyone just naturally wants others to be happy – live and let live, right? – but, I keep getting let down.

8. I know that not everyone loves English and writing as much as I do, but one of my biggest pet peeves is incorrect spelling and grammar. (Now just watch, I’ll have some glaring typo in this list and I won’t notice it until after I post this.)

9. I love to swear – there are three that I steer clear of, but the rest I let fly every now and then just for the … uh … &@%$ of it.

10. I hate wearing makeup. But, I think that I look better with makeup on, so I wear it anyway.

11. I hate shaving my legs. I love them to be smooth, so I do it – but I despise the actual shaving. If I ever strike it rich somehow, I’ll do laser hair removal.

12. It bugs me to sit next to Mike while he eats ice cream because he CHEWS it. (Babe, seriously – there’s nothing to chew!) All it does is sound like he’s clicking his teeth together to annoy me. And then, of course, there are the after-effects of the ice cream – avoid fluffing the sheets, sheesh!

13. With that said, I must redeem him. I love Mike with all my heart. He is my very best friend. Sure, we have plenty of the proverbial “skeletons in our closet” after ten years together, but that just proves that we’re real people. He is a wonderful father, an amazing husband, and an honorable man. I love, I love, I love him.

14. I am grateful to live in this country. Yeah, it’s not perfect. But, as long as I pay my taxes and don’t break the law, no one really cares what I do – and I am very thankful for that.

15. I am also thankful to live in a time where I don’t have to tell my daughter that she is limited to certain life choices simply because she is a woman. I do think that men and woman have certain differences that should be celebrated – but I’m so grateful that women aren’t oppressed the way we used to be (at least not in this great country).

16. I don’t “buy into” global warming (at least not to the level of panic about it), but I do think we need to be more responsible about taking care of this beautiful world we live in. We need to stop wasting materials and energy and be more thankful for what we have and more conscious of what we do with all of it.

17. If we could afford it, I would want to have one more baby.

18. I still have my wisdom teeth (they fit in my mouth just fine – with room to spare, even) and I have no silver fillings, so when I open my mouth really wide it looks like I have a million teeth.

19. I’m not nearly as smart as Mike thinks I am. He gives me way too much credit. But, he sure does make me feel like I can do anything.

20. I adore corny jokes – nothing is quite as funny as “punny,” if you ask me.

21. I am not as serious as some people think I am. I am actually really shy – if you want to get to know me, it might take a little time, but I’d like to think that it is worth your while.

22. I’ll never forget the first time I saw 311 in concert – I screamed “Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” like a crazed idiot. I thought I’d died and gone to heaven when they performed “8:16 a.m.” – and I know they did it just for me.

23. I love the smell of my kids – uh, but not when they need a diaper change or a bath. I love to hold them and snuggle with them and smell their hair. I love all three of them so much.

24. I hate putting away laundry. I love to clean and keep organized, and I love to wash the laundry – but I hate putting it away.

25. I don’t like Mexican food. I much prefer Asian spiciness – wasabi!!!

And there you have it.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Okay Amy, I totally loved learning more about you but.... I want pictures of kids!!!! Post woman! Post!
:)Alicia

The Fife's said...

Wow, I can't believe #1. Once the snow stops we will have to get together. Are you still working for S/H?

diana said...

Love the list. I think we are more similar than I may have realized. I think you SHOULD have another baby. Then there would be another Disneyland trip in your future!

LOVE YA.

Jcjohns said...

It is scary how much we still have in common!