August 27, 2009

My Mad Parenting Skillz

I must be doing at least something right as a mother ...

Today I sneezed while driving the car. Travis piped up in the cutest little voice and said, "Bless you, Mommy!"

A month or so ago, while I was cleaning up after dinner, Mikey asked me, "Mommy, do you know what I'm excited about?" Assuming he was going to say something Transformer- or Bakugan-related, I said, "What, bud?" He replied with a big smile, "Loving you and having you forever." (Oh, yes, he got a big hug after that one. )

Although ...

This morning while going into the store, Mikey was walking in the middle of the parking lot and I told him to come walk by me so he wouldn't get hit by a car. He said, "I don't know what the hell I was thinking."

About a week ago I told Mikey to stopping bossing Travis around. He asked me what "bossing" meant, so I told him it is when you tell other people what to do all the time. He thought hard about that and then said, "Well, you're the boss, Mommy, not me."

Hopefully all the things I do right will override my not-so-fine moments.


8 comments:

Alicia said...

Nothing better in the world! I think you are doing a great job Amy! I'm so happy you are enjoying it!

Liz said...

MIkey's right, you ARE the boss!

diana said...

How did you not crack up laughing when Mikey said that in the parking lot?

I have a hard time punishing and teaching sometimes through my laughter.

Kim said...

That is hilarious! Don't you love it when your kids repeat things that you'd rather not remember you saying?

Mike and Amy said...

It was so hard to not laugh, but I tried (it was the old hurry-and-cover-your-mouth-so-they-can't-see-you-smiling trick). What kids say is definitely very revealing about their parents. Ha!

Jcjohns said...

Your kids are too cute!! I hope I can be as good of a mom as you!!!

Holt's in da House said...

Oh, man, we're laughing for solid minutes here. That was funny. I would have fallen down in the parkinglot right there and laughed. What a kiddo!

Holt's in da House said...

Oh, man, we're laughing for solid minutes here. That was funny. I would have fallen down in the parkinglot right there and laughed. What a kiddo!