I have said it before [and I'll probably bore you with it again sometime in the future] ... it's always disappointing to check my favorite friends' and family members' blogs and they haven't been updated. Assuming there are at least a couple of people out there who care about our blog ... today's the day you finally get to see something new.
Nothing much is new in our neck of the woods. School, work, more school, more work, make dinner, clean the house, wipe snotty noses, do the laundry, more school, worry about Mike's dad, talk to Mike for a few minutes before we crash and fall asleep (if I am lucky enough to fall asleep, due to all my worrying about Mike's dad and the plethora* of other things I am constantly worried about), wake up and start all over. In fact, I have homework, work, and housework that I should be doing during the kids' nap this afternoon ... but, I'm blogging instead. Call it a "mental health" day, I guess.
I have been accepted to the Educational Psychology (School Counseling) program. If I am not accepted to law school, that's what I'll be doing this fall. Of course, even if the law school accepts me, I may still decide to do EdPsych. It's a tough decision – law school means more school loan debt, but more income later; school counseling is what I really want to do at this point, but with all the school budget issues I’m afraid I won’t be able to get a job. Any thoughts?
Travis is registered for preschool this fall, at the same school where Mikey will be attending kindergarten (his orientation is in a couple of weeks). Exciting and scary at the same time!
Anyway ... on to the good stuff ... some more "kids say the darndest things" moments ...
- One evening, I called the store to see how late they were open, and when I got off the phone, Mikey asked me who I was talking to. I said, "The store." He said, "Whoa! The store has a mouth?"
Nothing much is new in our neck of the woods. School, work, more school, more work, make dinner, clean the house, wipe snotty noses, do the laundry, more school, worry about Mike's dad, talk to Mike for a few minutes before we crash and fall asleep (if I am lucky enough to fall asleep, due to all my worrying about Mike's dad and the plethora* of other things I am constantly worried about), wake up and start all over. In fact, I have homework, work, and housework that I should be doing during the kids' nap this afternoon ... but, I'm blogging instead. Call it a "mental health" day, I guess.
I have been accepted to the Educational Psychology (School Counseling) program. If I am not accepted to law school, that's what I'll be doing this fall. Of course, even if the law school accepts me, I may still decide to do EdPsych. It's a tough decision – law school means more school loan debt, but more income later; school counseling is what I really want to do at this point, but with all the school budget issues I’m afraid I won’t be able to get a job. Any thoughts?
Travis is registered for preschool this fall, at the same school where Mikey will be attending kindergarten (his orientation is in a couple of weeks). Exciting and scary at the same time!
Anyway ... on to the good stuff ... some more "kids say the darndest things" moments ...
- One evening, I called the store to see how late they were open, and when I got off the phone, Mikey asked me who I was talking to. I said, "The store." He said, "Whoa! The store has a mouth?"

- Charlotte likes to blow her nose into a tissue - then she looks at the tissue and says, "Whoa, baby! Boogers!"

- Lately, when I ask Mikey to do something (and it happens to coincide with Mikey's good mood), he shouts, "I'm on it!"

- Travis and Mikey were playing together with a Lightning McQueen toy and an Optimus Prime toy the other day. Mikey (aka "Optimus") said something to Travis (aka "McQueen") that I didn't hear, but Travis replied with, "I can't do that! I don't have any arms, only wheels!!"

- The other night at dinner, Mikey didn't want to eat his soup because I made it with tomatoes in it. He said, "I don't eat tomatoes on Sundays." (That may be his best get-out-of-dinner attempt yet.)
- Before bed the other night, I reminded Travis to go potty. He trotted into the bathroom, stood in front of the toilet, shot me a big smile, and said, "With pleasure!"

- Charlotte had the hiccups a few nights ago. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I have the chipmunks."

*Does the word “plethora” remind anyone else of “The Three Amigos?” :)
5 comments:
Your kids are so cute!!! Good luck on deciding the school thing!
Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
That movie's as old as me, but I love it!
Those kids are so cute... and I am definitely one of your faithful blog readers, always happy to see a new post. Love ya.
Your kids are soooo cute! I love the things kids say. My nephews are hilarious with the things that come out of their mouths. I'm excited and look forward to when my little one gets old enough for all of that. Plethora! I love that word and The Three Amigos is a classic!
Cute kids Amy, I can't believe how big they are. It just means mine are about as big!! Congratulations with school, what a great accomplishment.
Post a Comment