Being a parent isn't easy. I'll admit that some days I wonder why I on Earth I wanted kids so badly. Ha! But, being a parent is also the most awesome thing, and I can't imagine not having kids.
This morning, I sat while Travis brushed my hair (his idea) for 15 minutes. Yes, 15 minutes. He brushed it over and over, then he'd style it with his hands, then he'd brush it again. Every time I moved he'd say, "Don't ruin your hair!"
While I sat there, Charlotte came over with a toy bowl and spoon and proceeded to pretend-feed me imaginary ice cream. She made sure that I "ate it all gone."
All the while, Mikey sat there chatting about learning about Pilgrims at school today. (Once he asked me if our house was here before we moved here; when I told him that it was, he excitedly said, "Maybe the Pilgrims built it!")
As much as I love expanding my mind and being out in the world being an individual, I love being a mom, and I am so glad I get to be with my kids so much. What more can I say? I love the little beasts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment