Oh, my sweet little Charlotte. Tonight, she demonstrated her natural empathy ... perhaps she'll one day become a therapist.
Mike was upset about something tonight, and he was kind of doing the running-around-like-a-chicken-with-its-head-cut-off thing ... Charlotte stopped him, looked him in the eye, and asked, "Daddy, are you feeling frustrated?" (Wow ... a feeling reflection ... from a 3-year-old!)
Then, later on in the car, Travis was being kind of grouchy. Charlotte said, "Mommy, let's sing 'You Are My Sunshine' so Travis won't be sad anymore." It only took twice through the song before he started smiling and singing along.
My sweet little lady. I love her so much. I really do think that our souls must be friends ... because I've just always had such a special connection with her.
2 comments:
that is so sweet! WHat a great family you have!
You have been a very busy blogger...where have I been?
Post a Comment