We have officially disembarked from the "roller coaster." It took us a long time to start our family, despite trying our very best and being told by doctors that nothing was "wrong" with either of us. We were blessed with an amazing adoption experience with Mikey, and then Travis and Charlotte just decided to come on their own - the pregnancies were perfect, and happened without the aid of any fertility treatments.
We thought long and hard about trying for a fourth - and we decided that we very much wanted to add another member to our family. However, after trying for quite a while without success, we have decided that we just need to get off this old roller coaster. I have had at least three miscarriages over the years - one of them just this past summer. I just can't take the "did it work?" ... "probably not" .... "but maybe" ... "not this time" ... "perhaps next time" ... it's just a lot of up and down for us.
We really were excited about having a fourth. The dream isn't completely dead ... who knows ... but, I really am ready to get off the roller coaster we've been on for the past 10 years.
I am so thankful to have experienced two healthy, uneventful pregnancies, and to have given birth to two of our three children. And, we are SO very, very, VERY thankful for our three perfect, healthy, sweet, gregarious, spirited children.
2 comments:
You guys are an inspiration to me. I'm greatful to have known you all my life! I'm sorry for your pain and know it will all work out!
I completely know this feeling as we wait for a third adoption and sometimes I just think we should get off the roller coaster ride to and enjoy the two we have. 6 months. That might just be the count down.
Post a Comment