December 18, 2009

Mikey's Birthday

Mikey’s 5th birthday was at the beginning of October. He had been wanting to go to Chuck-E-Cheese’s, so we went … but we forgot the camera, of course. We did have a cake and presents at home, though, so here are a few pictures from that party (in the top right pic, Mikey is singing and Travis is playing the drums with chopsticks):


It’s so crazy that Mikey is already 5!! He’s in preschool now, and he loves it. He is very smart, and his writing and drawing is already getting pretty good. We found out that he has an astigmatism in both eyes, so he got some cool glasses – he looks so cute in them, and he loves them!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Really it's been 5 years? He is so sweet and handsome. Happy Birthday buddy!

I remember when I stood in Connie's kitchen and she told me about your hope to adopt. I remember the good feeling I had as she spoke about you and Mike. I remember Audrey's face as she looked at your profile for the first time. Such peace. I remember the looks on your faces they day she "picked" you. I remember everything as if it were yesterday. I am grateful that I get to be a part of Mikey's life and story, one that will forever warm my heart. Love you!